3D Printing Services
HNJ Engineering offers a professional and efficient 3D printing service, providing you with the benefit of having a physical part to hold at the design stage, rather than just a 3D CAD image.
Using state of the art 3D printing technologies, we are equipped to deal with a range of 3D printing requirements.
3D printing prototypes during the design stage of a project allows you to reduce development time, enabling you to perform trial installations on assemblies before spending the time and money to manufacture conventionally. This allows the parts to be visualised and tested outside of the CAD environment, helping you review the part within its assembly context, and potentially identify design flaws which can be captured early and reworked into the design before manufacture.
There are three methods that we use when 3D printing:
- FDM (Fused Deposition Modelling) is the process of depositing single layers of material through a heated nozzle that fuse together to create a 3D object.
- SLA (Stereolithography) is the process of curing photopolymer liquids with a laser layer by layer. Layers are chemically bonded, rather than mechanically bonded.
- SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) the process by which a laser accurately melts nylon powder in 0.1mm layers.
Before parts can be printed, we require 3D CAD models. The main format for 3D printing is an STL file. STL (stereolithography) files are an export feature of various CAD packages. Should you have a CAD model, but are unable to generate an STL file, then we can help.
For a quotation please fill our contact us form and provide the following information:
- Process: e.g. FDM, SLA or SLS
- Material: e.g. PA12 or flexible plastic
- Quantity: e.g. 1 OFF
- Colour: e.g. Unimportant, clear, dark red, or Pantone XYZ
- Finish: e.g. Gloss surface or smooth, as printed.
- Required delivery date
- Any notes:
From prototypes to the final product, we can help bring your designs to life.
Please contact us with your CAD files and requirements for a no obligation quotation.